Hair Loss Restoration in McLean, Richmond and Virginia Beach
Learn More About Our Procedures
When you're growing up, your hair becomes a part of your identity.
When you get older and you start losing your hair, it can feel like you're
losing an important part of yourself. Fortunately, you don't have
to resign yourself to baldness. With help from the hair restoration experts
at Virginia Surgical Hair Center, you once again enjoy a full head of
hair. We have more than 25 years of experience providing hair loss solutions
to men and women in McLean, Virginia Beach, and Richmond.
Hair Loss Facts and Statistics
- On average, an individual loses about 50 to 100 hair follicles every day.
- Heredity is the most common cause of hair loss.
- Hair loss can also be caused by malnutrition, medication, illness, or pregnancy.
- Hair loss is caused by sensitivity to dihydrotestosterone, a byproduct
- According to the American Academy of Dermatology, hereditary hair loss
affects about 30 million American women.
- Roughly 50 million men are affected by hereditary hair loss.
- Half of all men have a 50/50 chance of experiencing hair loss by the time
they reach 50 years old.
Many men experience hair loss before their 21
- There are several different patterns of hair loss.
- The thinning hair gene can be passed down from either parent.
- More than 800,000 men and women seek hair restoration treatment every year.
Hair Restoration Benefits
Millions of men and women feel disheartened once they realize their hair
is thinning. Hair loss restoration has become very sophisticated in recent
years, providing men and women with numerous effective options. Here are
just a few benefits of professional hair restoration.
Natural Appearance: Contrary to what the movies might have you believe, most people are unable
to tell the difference between hair implants and natural hair. Modern
hair restoration methods offer discreet and attractive solutions to hair loss.
Confidence Boost: It's common for people with hair loss to feel a lack of confidence.
A full head of hair can help restore confidence at work and in all kinds
of social situations.
Improved Perception: There's a reason why a bald president hasn't been elected since
Dwight D. Eisenhower. A person with a full head of hair tends to make
a better first impression than a bald person.
If you suspect that your hair is thinning, schedule an appointment at the
Virginia Surgical Hair Center. One of our hair restoration experts will
help you determine which hair loss option will provide you with the best
results. Call one of our
Virginia hair restoration offices at (703) 847-6660 to get started.